Lokales

** Von Martin Maurach, Opava **
Googelt man »Kleist« und »Troppau«, stolpert man natürlich in Ewald und die Schlesischen Kriege hinein und findet u.a. diesen 257 Jahre alten Bericht vom Schauplatz:
»Notwithstanding the opportunities General Harsch had of disturbing the road leading […] out of Silesia, the convoys passed as regularly, as if he had not been there. The batallion of Kleist which was stationed in Troppau, escorted on the twenty-sixth of May [1758], some hundred Winspels of meal into the camp, and returned back without seeing one single enemy.
Again, on the eigth of June, General Putkammer arrived in camp, with a considerable convoy of waggons laden with meat, ammunition, and other necessaries and provisions, under the escorte of three thousand Convalescents, Kleist’s grenadier batallion, and the free batallion of Rapin, which was raised for the most part from the French prisoners, at Magdebourg, and deserters, without the loss of one single waggon. Kleist’s batallion returned back immediately to Troppau, but that of Rapin was quartered in Holitz, on this side of Olmütz. The two free batallions, Le Noble and Salemon, suffered somewhat in this.«
Ziemlich ruhige Zeiten also damals, im Frühling 1758.
(Quelle: Henry Lloyd: The history of the late war in Germany, between the King of Prussia, and the Empress of Germany [!] and her allies: containing the campaigns of 1758 and 1759, with a correct military map of the seat of war, and plans of the siege of Olmutz, and of the battles of Zornsdorf, Hochkirchen, Paltzig, Cunnersdorf or Frankfurt, and Maxen, Vol. 2 [London: T. and J. Egerton 1790])

Dieser Beitrag wurde unter Allgemein abgelegt und mit verschlagwortet. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink.

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.